If you like to take care of the patient and want to make it your passion and profession.
That is if you want to make a career in the health care sector and also want to take good job opportunities in both private and government sectors.
Then you can go for B.Sc Nursing. Because the awareness of people towards health is increasing rapidly and we have to face new diseases every day. It has increased both the importance and demand of health workers.
In such a situation, the requirement of not only doctors but also of nursing staff has started increasing. Therefore, the number of candidates doing medical courses is also increasing, out of which many candidates are making nursing their profession.
In which there is also a very good scope for them. After doing this course, you will have basic and important knowledge related to nursing.
After which you can work as a nurse in the hospital. In such a situation, if you are also interested in doing this undergraduate course, then you should know about this course in detail.
What is BSc Nursing?
B.Sc Nursing is a 4-year undergraduate course. Whose main aim is to provide knowledge of Nursing to candidates. In this course, students are trained in many medical aspects.
So that they can come to take care of the patient and take care of them. So let us tell you which criteria you have to fulfill to do a B.Sc Nursing course.
In this course, you have to pass 12th class PCB i.e Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject from a recognised board. It should also have English as a compulsory subject.
The minimum age for admission to this course is 17 years. Let us know about the admission process of the BSc Nursing Course
Admission to the B.Sc Nursing course is given on the basis of either merit or entrance exam. In India’s top medical colleges, admission is often given on the basis of entrance tests. Some such entrance test is
- NEET National Eligibility Comes Entrance Test
- JIPMER Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research
- BHU UET Undergraduate Entrance Test Conducted by Banaras Hindu University
- AIIMS Nursing Exam National Level Nursing Entrance Test Conducted by The All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
Colleges For B.Sc Nursing
Let’s know the names of the best colleges in India from where you can do a B.Sc Nursing course.
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh,
- Christian Medical College (CMC) Vellore
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) Bangalore
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU) Varanasi
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research Pondicherry
- Madras Medical College Chennai
- St. john’s Medical College Bangalore
- Government Medical College (GMC) Nagpur
- Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC) Delhi
- Bharati Vidyapeeth University Pune.
B.Sc Nursing Course Fees
The fees for the B.Sc Nursing course can range from 20,000 to 1.5 lakhs.
After knowing about the criteria, admission process and college fees, it is time to know about the career, scope and salary of the nursing courses.
Further Study After B.Sc Nursing
B.Sc Nursing candidates can do MSc Nursing if they want to study further. Some of its specialization masters degree courses are
- Master of Science and Nursing.
- Master of Science OBST & Gynae.
- Master of Science in Pediatric Nursing.
- Master of Science in Psychiatric Nursing.
- Master of Science in Medical Sociology.
- Master of Science in Neuroscience.
Apart from MSc, a postgraduate program in Public Health Management (PGPPHM) or MBA in Pharmaceutical Management can be done.
A Ph.D. in Nursing can also be done after taking a master’s degree. This can also be done in distance learning i.e. correspondence.
If you want to do a job after doing B.Sc Nursing, then there are job options in government and private hospitals for the students of this course.
Scope After B.Sc Nursing
Apart from these, a Nursing graduate can also work in Clinic Nursing Homes, Rehabilitation Centers, NGOs, Community Health Center.
Let us also tell you that after completing the B.Sc Nursing course, you can apply for these jobs.
- Clinical nurse specialist.
- Case Manager Nurse Anesthesiologist.
- Certified Nurse Midwife.
- Nurse Educator.
- Manager and Administrator.
- Staff Nurse.
- Nurse Practitioner.
Salary and Packages
As far as salary is concerned, you can get this salary according to different job positions.
Average of Nurse at 2.42 lakhs per annum, Nursing Educator 3.9 lakhs per annum, Nursing Supervisors 4.34 lakhs per annum, Rehabilitation Specialists 2.44 lakhs per annual, Critical care nurses 3.25 lakhs per annual and Nurse Manager can get the salary package of 500,000 per annual.
By the way, this salary package depends on your skills, education, experience and the organization where you will work.
Therefore, the easiest way to get the best opportunity would be to complete a degree course from a good college with good marks. Build your command on practical work.
Apart from this, it is important for you to be polite and kind in the profession of nurse.
Along with having your coordination skills and compass for your work, it is also very important to have patience.